GROUPS AT REDLANDS PSYCHOLOGISTS
Contact us by Email or phone us on 3286 1530
READY, SET, HIGH SCHOOL!
Starting high school can be equally as challenging as exciting!
Redlands Psychologists acknowledges that beginning grade 7 is a huge milestone for any young person and we are here to help support them through this transition.
Our group is designed to assist your child in feeling more confident, capable and prepared for entering high school in 2024.
Throughout this four-day program, your child will:
- Get to connect with same-age peers
- Cover topics such as anxiety, friendships, internet and social media use, and self-care
- Learn foundational organisation and planning skills
- Hear from a guest-speaker about their Grade 7 experiences
- Be provided with take-home resources to supplement their learning from the group
This program is presented by Angela Newton, a Registered Psychologist who specializes in assisting children, teens and young adults with a variety of social and emotional concerns. She is passionate about supporting young people, and empowering others to reach their full potential mentally, socially, and emotionally.
Hosted by: Angela Newton
Location: Redlands Psychologists, Hub 68 58- 68 Delancey Street, Ormiston QLD 4160
When: 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th January 2024 from 2.30pm until 4.00pm
Cost: $130 per session (Total $520) NDIS/Medicare rebates may be available
Introduction to Boundary-Setting & Assertiveness
Boundaries, assertiveness and communication skills are very much that - skills that we all need some assistance in learning.
Here at Redlands Psychologists we acknowledge that learning to communicate assertively and setting boundaries is challenging, especially when we don't know where to start!
This three-part webinar series is designed to introduce you to the foundations of communicating assertively and setting-boundaries in various areas of your life. Our aim is to assist you in building the confidence to take-charge of your communication skills within your relationships, to ensure that you are better able to voice your wants, needs and feelings, and set boundaries with others.
Throughout this three-session workshop, you can expect to:
- Be guided and supported by our friendly, professional and empathetic team.
- Receive psychoeducation around the topics of communication skills, emotional regulation, assertiveness and boundary-setting.
- Identify barriers that may limit your ability to be more assertive, learn skills and overcome these barriers.
- Discover your personal values and how these guide your boundaries in various contexts.
- Feel more confident in your ability to communicate your wants, needs, and feelings with the other people in your life.
This workshop is being hosted by Registered Psychologist, Angela Newton. Angela takes pride in her role of helping children, adolescents and adults with a variety of social and emotional concerns. She is particularly passionate about educating her clients and others on topics such as healthy relationships, boundaries, and communication skills; assisting them in building a greater sense of personal identity and confidence. Angela hopes to help more individuals feel empowered to reach their full potential - mentally, emotionally and socially.
Hosted by: Angela Newton
Location: This workshop will be an online webinar
When: 14th, 21st & 28th March 2024 from 5pm until 7pm
Cost: TBC - NDIS/Medicare rebates may be available
Girls Social Group
7 - 9 years
Making new friends, navigating playground issues, strengthening our existing friendships, and coping with competing personalities in a classroom are just some of the challenges our little ones face on a daily basis. Learning how to manage these situations, and building confidence with our social skills requires guidance, support and practice.
Redlands Psychologists acknowledges that guided social groups can be a great way for our children to learn and practice these skills, while being supported by a team of professionals.
This group is designed for neurodivergent girls aged 7-9 years, to assist them in building their toolbox of social and emotional skills relating to these social situations. Throughout this term-long group, you can expect your daughter to connect with like-minded peers who share similar worries, and learn skills and strategies to cope with social anxiety and build and strengthen friendships, all while creating a new craft project in each session.
In the term-long program, your child will:
- Meet and connect with like-minded peers, with the guidance and support of our friendly, professional team.
- Engage in activities designed to boost self-confidence and encourage individuality.
- Develop tools, skills and strategies to tackle social anxiety and build and strengthen friendships.
- Complete a new craft project each week, to give a fun, secondary goal to each session.
Hosted by: Angela Newton
Location: Redlands Psychologists, Hub 58, 58 Delancey Street (Cnr Finucane Road) Ormiston Q 4160
When: 14th, 21st & 28th March 2024 from 3pm until 4:30pm
Cost: $130 per session (Total $390) - NDIS/Medicare rebates may be available